The best way of tackling yeast infection is by detecting and understanding the different causes and triggers of yeast infection. Yeast infection is a type of fungal infection that usually affects the moist, warm body areas, such as mouth, genitals and intestinal tract, and which causes itching, burning, soreness and sometimes more serious complications in the affected area and in the whole body. Though the infection is not fatal and is easily treatable, you do need to be cautious when dealing with yeast infection.
What causes yeast infection?
Yeast infection is often held synonymously with vaginal yeast infection. However, there is a huge misconception that yeast infection affects women only. Women, men and children can all get infected with yeast infection. There are different causes of yeast infection, some of which are as follows:
· Facilitating factors: Yeast infection is the result of growth of a fungus known as Candida fungus. This fungus is found in all of us in limited and harmless amounts. However, this fungus can grow rapidly if it is allowed to thrive in moist areas. Hence, moisture can prove to be a facilitating factor in causing yeast infection. Mouth, genital areas and folds of skin are the most susceptible to yeast infection.
· Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes, especially during pregnancy, can cause yeast infection. Usually, high level of estrogen can lead to greater glycogen level in the body. Yeast infection feeds on glycogen. Hence, this can prove to be a breeding ground for this particular type of infection.
· Drug therapy: Certain types of medication, antibiotics and even radiation therapy can lead to yeast infection, as drug therapy can harm the bacteria that fights yeast infection.
· Medical conditions: Certain types of diseases like diabetes can also trigger yeast infection. High blood sugar level can provide an ideal situation for the fungus to grow. Hence, diabetics are more prone to yeast infection.
· Miscellaneous factors: Other contributing factors of yeast infection include sexual transmission, lack of proper hygiene, improper diet, and injury to specific parts of the body like vagina, toxins and weak immune system.
The causes of yeast infection are often ignored during conventional medical treatment. This is also the reason why the infection keeps cropping up, as the core cause of yeast infection is not addressed when seeking treatment. However, holistic approach and alternative therapy has realized the importance of understanding the causes of yeast infection in order to eliminate this ailment in an individual.
Discovering causes with holistic approach:
Holistic approach does not believe in superficial treatment. Hence, it lays stress on finding out the causes of yeast infection present in a particular individual. Holistic approach aims at wiping out the cause of the infection. This is because, if the very cause of the infection is removed, then there is very little scope for the infection to grow. Therefore, there may be many causes and triggers of yeast infection. However, when it comes to treatment, there is no other treatment for yeast infection, which is as effective and as smart as holistic approach.