order to know about the prevention of yeast infection,
you need to understand about the causes, symptoms,
treatments and cure. A yeast infection is caused by an
overgrowth of yeast or fungus. This yeast is present in
small amounts in the various parts of the body normally
and when the body environment is altered, this yeast
multiplies and thrives leading to yeast
Triggers of yeast infection
- Candida fungus multiplies due to:
- Weakened immunity
- Hormonal imbalances
- Poor dietary habits
- Excessive sugar intake
- Poor hygiene and toilet habits
- Lifestyle factors
- Tight clothes
- Synthetic fibers
- Chemical allergies,
- Use of drugs like steroids, contraceptive pills and antibiotics
- Broken skin or mucosal membrane
- Sexual transmission
Prevention of yeast infections is possible by addressing these underlying factors.
Ways of preventing yeast infection
In order to put up a resistance against yeast infection, you should take several factors into account:
- Monitor yourself: If you are prone to yeast infections. Keep a diary and note down all the relevant things like the number of times you use antibiotics, the kind of medication you use, the state of your monthly periods (in case of women) and so on. This will help you to spot the triggers of yeast infection that will be the first step towards prevention.
- Pay attention to your diet: A good diet does not necessarily keep you away from yeast infection, but it can play an important role in strengthening your immune system to fight off this infection. You should also limit your sugar intake as excessive sugar can also trigger yeast infection.
- Importance of detoxification: Toxic build up can aggravate yeast infection. Hence, drink plenty of water and make use of a diet that can naturally cleanse your body from the inside.
- Avoid the use of prescription drugs: Prescription drugs can lead to hormonal imbalance, drug dependency and more. Hence, in the long run, these drugs can make you more vulnerable to yeast infection.
- Be careful during intercourse: As yeast infection can be transferred from one partner to another, avoid having sexual intercourse with your partner if he or she is suffering from the same condition.
Despite all these preventive measures you can still fall prey to yeast infection. You need to first of all address the current problem through treatment in a way that curbs the growth of yeast infection. Conventional treatment is not very effective to either cure yeast infection or to prevent it in the future. The side effects of conventional treatment are also extensive making this treatment costly in more sense than one.
Hence, the best way in which you can deal with yeast infection is by opting for a holistic approach. The Holistic approach is most effective as it is 100% natural and devoid of side effects. It takes into account the entire body and focuses on improving the overall mental and physical health of an individual. Holistic approach will not only cure the existing yeast infection by attacking the root cause of this disease, but it will also prevent its reoccurrence with the help of its multifaceted treatment approach that includes diet and lifestyle modification, detoxification and other natural methods of treatment. Hence, when it comes to prevention of yeast infection, you cannot proceed ahead without the useful guidance of a holistic approach.